For the Salad:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Salad:
- Start by washing and drying the romaine and iceberg lettuce. Chop them into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large salad bowl.
2. Cook the Chicken:
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat some olive oil.
- Add the seasoned chicken breast and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked through and has a nice golden-brown color.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before dicing it into bite-sized pieces.
3. Cook the Bacon:
- While the chicken is resting, cook the bacon until it’s crispy. You can do this in a skillet or in the oven.
- Once cooked, crumble the bacon into small pieces and set it aside.
4. Hard-Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 9-12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Once cool, peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs.
5. Prepare the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the dressing is smooth and well combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
6. Assemble the Cobb Salad:
- On top of the chopped lettuce in the salad bowl, arrange rows of the diced chicken, crumbled bacon, chopped hard-boiled eggs, halved cherry tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, diced avocado, and sliced green onions. Feel free to get creative with the presentation!
7. Serve with the Best Dressing:
- Drizzle the prepared dressing over the top of the Cobb Salad just before serving.
- For presentation, you can also serve the dressing on the side if you prefer.
8. Enjoy Your Homemade Cobb Salad:
- Toss the ingredients together gently to combine the flavors and enjoy your homemade Cobb Salad.
- Customize your Cobb Salad with your favorite ingredients. You can add roasted turkey, ham, or even shrimp for a seafood twist.
- To save time, you can use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken.
- For a healthier option, you can use turkey bacon and a light dressing.
- If you’re making this salad ahead of time, store the dressing separately until you’re ready to serve to keep the salad fresh and crisp.
- Cobb Salad is versatile, so don’t hesitate to adjust the ingredients and dressing to your taste preferences. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for an extra zing!
A classic Cobb Salad with the Best Dressing is a perfect combination of flavors and textures. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal on its own, making it a favorite choice for lunch or dinner. The creamy blue cheese, smoky bacon, tender chicken, and rich avocado come together with the tangy dressing to create a harmonious and delicious salad that’s sure to please your taste buds. Whether you’re enjoying it as a main course or a side dish, this Cobb Salad is a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to prepare and bursting with fresh ingredients. Enjoy the simplicity and goodness of a homemade Cobb Salad with the Best Dressing!